The Spare Policy is intended to recognize that it is sometimes necessary to go outside of the spare list to ensure that teams can participate in league games with a full contingent of players.
It is important to note that the Spare Policy does not replace the requirement that curlers must contact every member of the spare list for the league where the spare is required, including bye team members if applicable. After the spare list from your league has been exhausted, the following policy is in place.
1) A member who has paid to play in 2 or more leagues, may spare for any league at any time.
2) If a member has paid to play in one league only — they may spare in other leagues a maximum of 3 times until they are required to pay the spare fee.
3) An individual who has paid the season's "spare only fee", may spare in any league.
4) To encourage potential new members, a non member may spare three (3) times a year for free.
5) Any situation that is not clear should be addressed to the Board of Directors.
This is Ennismore Curling club's existing policy which may be reviewed for future seasons.